Gogoro is an ambitious new venture to change the way the world uses energy. Since grabbing international attention with the debut of the Smartscooter™, Gogoro has developed a first-of-its-kind energy network with hundreds of battery swap stations, tens of thousands of scooters, and hundreds of thousands of battery packs. This energy network is the core of Gogoro's business, and with its design comes the opportunity to shape the future.
Gogoro is seeking a firmware engineer to develop the embedded software systems on these battery packs. Previous battery experience is optional, but exceptional talent is mandatory.
You will be responsible for the development of embedded software within Gogoro battery and battery exchange systems. You will develop proposals, prototypes, write and execute debug plans and test suites, and produce thorough documentation both inside and outside your code. You will work closely with members of a cross-functional design team as well as with external suppliers. Responsibilities may include:
• Real-time operating systems programming.
• Security, authentication, and provisioning mechanisms.
• Battery state-of-charge and state-of-health estimation.
• Sensor integration and instrumentation.
• Mechanism control algorithms.
• Embedded communication (I2C, SPI, and CAN).
• Wireless communication (NFC and BTLE).
This position is an opportunity and a challenge to operate with freedom, and to leverage your own creativity in a rapidly growing new company. You individually will be expected to:
• Propose solutions to completely new engineering problems.
• Execute tests and produce data to motivate critical design decisions.
• Communicate your results clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You are fearless. You are prepared to work beyond the boundaries of your core expertise. You are creative and willing to take risks. You are thoughtful, methodical, and highly technical. Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires those around you.
Hundreds of thousands of people rely on our energy network every day. To become an energy systems engineer, you must respect the need for complete reliability, safety, and correctness in your designs. You must understand and meet real-time constraints.
You are motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited to transform the way the world consumes energy. You operate with a high degree of autonomy, but are a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese. Finally, you think scientifically, and contribute comprehensively to our team as a technically skeptical but ambitious, optimistic engineer.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another quantitative field.
• Thorough familiarity with real-time operating systems.
• Expert in C.
• Proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Experience with hardware/software co-design in embedded systems.
• Experience with IoT systems design.
• Experience with ARM Cortex-MTM microprocessors.
• Knowledge of the chemical, electrical, or physical properties of batteries.