Gogoro Network is a first-of-its-kind energy network with thousands of battery swap stations and hundreds of thousands of electric vehicles, all powered by smart batteries that generate vast amounts of data. This energy network changing the way the word consumes and distributes energy, and with its design comes the opportunity to shape the future.
Gogoro is seeking a data analyst that will leverage data from our smart batteries to develop profound insight into this energy network.
You will be responsible for processing and analyzing data generated by our an intercontinental, distributed energy network of swappable smart batteries – the Gogoro Network. Together with an interdisciplinary energy engineering team, you will generate actionable insights into our operations that drive future product design, resolve issues in the field, and improve the operational efficiency of the energy network.
Based on large sets of both real-time and historical network data, you will:
• Supply analyses of real-world user data to motivate critical engineering decisions.
• Analyze historical data from failed devices to identify the failure mode and root cause.
• Devise methods to identify, predict and/or prevent device failures in the field.
• Design algorithms to optimize battery charging and swapping strategies.
• Design experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of battery management algorithms.
• Build automated tools to clean and prepare data sources for analysis.
• Build visualizations, dashboard, and reports.
This position is an opportunity and a challenge to operate with freedom, and to leverage your own creativity in a rapidly growing new company. As a trusted and independent contributor to our team, you individually will be expected to propose project scope and schedule, manage resources, and present your results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You are fearless. You are prepared to work beyond the boundaries of your core expertise. You are creative and willing to take risks. You are thoughtful, methodical, and highly technical. You understand and respect the scientific method. You can leverage data analysis tools to automate routine work and to identify trends that are not visible to the naked eye.
The Gogoro Network is a highly non-linear, time-varying, multidimensional system. Analyzing its properties in concert with multi-faceted user behavior requires a dedicated individual like you who can model complex relationships in the presence of many confounding factors.
You are motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited to transform the way the world consumes energy. You will be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy, but be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or another quantitative field.
• Skilled in the application of a programming language used for data analysis (e.g. Python, R).
• Proficient in a database query language such as SQL, and basic database management.
• A thorough understanding of probability and statistics.
• Proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Experience with Lithium-Ion batteries.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms and tools.
Work may be conducted from any one of our two Taiwan offices:
• Songshan District, Taipei City
• Guishan District, Taoyuan City