Gogoro Network is a first-of-its-kind energy network with thousands of battery swap stations and hundreds of thousands of electric vehicles, all powered by smart batteries that generate vast amounts of data. This energy network changing the way the word consumes and distributes energy, and with its design comes the opportunity to shape the future.
Gogoro is seeking a data engineer that will collect, process, and analyze data from our smart batteries to develop profound insights into this energy network.
You will be responsible for the ensuring efficient, reliable access to high-quality data generated by an intercontinental, distributed energy network of swappable smart batteries – the Gogoro Network. Together with an interdisciplinary energy engineering team, you will build and improve data pipelines that begin with individual devices and extend through database infrastructure, ETL processes, data cleaning, anomaly detection, and analytics.
The data you deliver and analyze will drive critical decisions on a daily basis, and have meaningful impact on our business.
Specific tasks may include:
• Design data structures at the device-level to ensure efficient and complete data collection.
• Design and program databases, and maintain the infrastructure that supports them.
• Create ETL processes that optimize database performance and ensure data accuracy.
• Supply analyses of real-world user data to motivate critical engineering decisions.
• Analyze historical data from failed devices to identify the failure mode and root cause.
• Build visualizations, dashboard, and reports.
This position is an opportunity and a challenge to operate with freedom, and to leverage your own creativity in a rapidly growing new company. As a trusted and independent contributor to our team, you individually will be expected to propose project scope and schedule, manage resources, and present your results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You are fearless. You are prepared to work beyond the boundaries of your core expertise. You are creative and willing to take risks. You are thoughtful, methodical, and highly technical. You understand and respect the scientific method. You can leverage data analysis tools to automate routine work and to identify trends that are not visible to the naked eye.
The Gogoro Network is a highly non-linear, time-varying, multidimensional system. Analyzing its properties in concert with multi-faceted user behavior requires a dedicated individual like you who can model complex relationships in the presence of many confounding factors.
You are motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited to transform the way the world consumes energy. You will be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy, but be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or another quantitative field.
• Skilled in the implementation and maintenance of databases and their hardware.
• Familiar with a programming language used for data analysis (e.g. Python, R).
• Fluent in SQL.
• Proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Experience with Lithium-Ion batteries.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms and tools.
• General IT system administration skills.
Work may be conducted from any one of our two Taiwan offices:
• Songshan District, Taipei City
• Guishan District, Taoyuan City