Every day, millions of people use spreadsheets for business-critical processes. However, running these spreadsheet processes is painful. Sharing and collecting spreadsheet data is done manually, too many emails are sent back and forth, keeping track of all changes and file versions is cumbersome and leads to loss of control and transparency.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
Layer is a cutting-edge web platform which fosters collaboration and increases productivity with the potential to reach millions of users worldwide. By introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets, we are on a global mission to change how any team in any company works with spreadsheets.
Our team & culture
We think it’s about owning what you do and getting it done. We value outcome over output. We treat each other with respect and are in this together. We back our decision-making with logic and are not afraid of making mistakes.
Our team is our most important asset. We want to empower you to grow in the direction you most desire.
- a competitive salary
- employee stock options
- conference and educational budget
- flexible hours and option to work partly remotely
- and many more
Check our Culture Insight Guide
We're looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our growing product team. This opportunity sits at the nexus of our company and requires someone that can work across varied disciplines, balance priorities, and sequence delivery to support new and existing solutions. Strong technical understanding and attention to detail are must-haves. You’ll be paired up with our CTO and CPO and report to our CPO to make sure you have the support you need to excel.
Your role includes:
- Manage scope, prioritize trade-offs, define goals, set priorities and oversee a backlog of features from story to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle
- Support the technical specification of the backlog balancing user/business value and technical requirements ranging from: High level estimations, in depth refinement to overseeing the development process and testing/QA.
- Coordinate development efforts, timelines, deliverables with other product owners and project managers
- Help set tactical day-to-day priorities for engineering, UX and product teams
- Analyze competitive offerings for your assigned product area
These are some of the key requirements we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in a similar/complementary role for a cloud-based or software-as-a-service product line
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment as a Product Owner
- Comfortable with a multi-stakeholder environment, creating consensus and making timely decisions as needed
- Strong understanding of software development the following areas: cloud-based infrastructure, API and back end services
- High degree of analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send us your CV, availability, and salary expectations.
Please apply via our Job Portal: https://layer-jobs.personio.de/job/190063
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
For more insights on our culture, team, tech and interview process head over to our Culture Insight Guide