Care about climate change and want to build technology to solve it? Aspire to shape and contribute to a fast-growing technology start-up as an early employee? This is your opportunity.
At Solar AI, we want to use technology to simplify the solar experience for everyone. By combining geospatial analysis of satellite imagery with big data and artificial intelligence, Solar AI provides project developers and installers with access to building intelligence for rooftop solar.
Solar AI Technologies is a seed stage start-up funded by and incubated as part of ENGIE Factory, the dedicated venture arm for ENGIE Group in Asia-Pacific. Our founding team, Bolong and Ariel came from a background of working with global technology companies and Series A to D stage start-ups across Southeast Asia, Latin America and Europe.
Find out more at https://getsolar.ai.
As a Software Engineer / Web Developer with Solar AI, you will own the product development of the building intelligence web app and related services and applications. As an early employee in a fast-growing start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership in shaping the company’s direction, as well as grow and scale a team focused on the mission of a transition towards 100% renewables.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Design, development and implementation of web application
- Create the internal backend to feed a map based app
- Help with the creation of the full system pipeline and architecture
- Integrate AI modules into batch and realtime processes
- Decide code testing procedures and promote best practices The skills we’re looking for
- Experience in developing and deploying web applications for Enterprise SaaS and/or geospatial solutions
- Deep knowledge on client side front end technologies (e.g. Angular 2, VueJS, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, SSR, Webpack and NodeJS)
- Experienced on building web backends with server side frameworks (like Ruby on Rails, Django or Laravel)
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL with PostGIS extension)
- DevOps experience on AWS/GCP (nice to have: Docker and Kubernetes) … with bonus points for the following
- Experience working with GIS data and handling satellite imagery
- You have experience working through cross-browser compatibility issues
- You know how to code a responsive design
- Enthusiast on best practices using Product mindset, ability to think like the end users
- Knowledge of software engineering good practices, testing and design patterns
- Experience working with Agile software development frameworks (scrum, kanban, etc.)
Employment type and location
This is a full-time position, based out of Singapore.
How to apply
We encourage interested applicants to write a short cover note stating why you want to join us. Please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis, and unfortunately may only reach out to shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
*Solar AI Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.