IMPORTANT: Candidates must commit to working in Taipei, Taiwan for at least 18 months. Trend Micro only accepts applications in English.
Working as a technical writer for Trend Micro requires getting deeply involved with designing software that protects people from real dangers to their privacy, finances, and identity. Technical writers deal directly with interface designers and researchers, graphic artists, engineers, project managers, translators, product owners, and even company executives.
- Consistently deliver high quality documentation for a range of security technologies and products targeted at various audiences, including developers, network administrators, and decision makers
- Manage documentation projects through meticulous planning and constant coordination with stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Proficiently identify and gather necessary information and supply value-added content based on this information
- Provide friendly, precise, and consistent user interface labels, message strings, and other interface wording
- Support product design by collaborating on customer research activities
- Conduct thorough reviews for other writers
- Ability to adapt quickly and work successfully in an evolving and culturally diverse environment
- Excellent communication skills with impeccable written English
- BS/BA degree (related work experience may substitute for a degree)
- Two years of experience writing documentation under stringent quality standards
- The ability to work with authoring tools and technologies efficiently
- A willingness to work in Taipei for at least 18 months