PayPay is looking for a Back-end engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications.
- Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause! Support the code you write in production.
【Tech Stack】 We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Java, Kotlin, Scala
| Spring Boot, JUnit, Reselience4j, Feign
| MySQL/AuoraDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, TiDB
| Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, AWS, GCP
| GitHub, IntelliJ, Gradle, Maven, npm/yarn, Flyway, Jenkins, snyk,
| Bigquery, Kibana, Spark
| PlantUML, draw.io, miro.com
| Slack, Zoom
- Experience in using Java under professional environment, or if you are non-Java user, excellent skills in generalized programming languages, such as Scala, Python and Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
- In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
- Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
- Experience in system design, development of web system which handles massive amount of transactions or requires scalability
- Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
- Experience in microservices
Work from Anywhere in Japan (HQ in Tokyo, for more details about how we work, please visit our FACEBOOK)
- Full-remote work (In Japan)
- Salary: Based on experience, skills, performance and contribution. You may refer to the tiers below:
- Junior: 6.5m -7.5m YEN per annum
- Middle: 7m - 9.5m YEN per annum
- Senior: 9m - 12m YEN per annum
- Salary Increase: Review every year based on performance evaluation and PayPay's business performance.
- Special Incentive : Payment based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation(once in a year)
- Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and Work from home allowance (100,000JPY/year)
- Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m＋1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle)
- NOTE: We use super flextime system which do not set core hours.
- Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year-end holidays from December 29th to January 4th.
- Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave, etc.
- Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system (TBC) and etc.
- Visas will be sponsored for you as well your family members. You may work remotely outside Japan for the time being as the border is closed now, but once it's reopen you're expected to relocate to Japan if you're not in the country already.
- Start date: 1 - 1.5 months upon offer, but we can be flexible.