PayPay is looking for a Platform Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
The mission of our SRE team (which we call "Platform team" at PayPay) is to build and architect stable infrastructure so that we can provide secure service to all the customers with our highest speed.
Our number of transactions as well as users have been increasing day by day since our first product release. The infrastructure/system must be capable of scale-out, and we need to always consider room for growth. Since Paypay's system is highly mission-critical, handling payment solutions - our top priority for the system is to be able to provide stable service.
From a risk-hedging perspective, it is important to assure our infrastructure is maintained properly with a high level of usability so that even if our resources fail instances get down, we can continue our service.
Our current phase is not yet a "maintenance" phase - as a platform engineer, you will be required to architect the whole system in a scalable manner while with employing a variety of technologies.
- Architect, maintain and tune our PayPay infra system with the following tech domains:
※ We rotate roles and responsibilities among those tech stacks, and you will be able to experience a wide range of technologies.
【Tech Stack】We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Python, groovy, HCL(, yaml)
| MySQL/AuroraDB, TiDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, nginx, envoy, openresty
| Docker, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Argo rollouts, Prometheus, Artifactory, AWS, GCP
| GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, terraform, ansible, about microservices, about 12 factors app, grpc, gitops
| NRQL, PromQL, Kibana, Bigquery
| Slack, Zoom, Confluence, JIRA, F2F
- Minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience with at least one or few of the following:
- RDS (e.g. MySQL, Aurora)
- NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
- MQ (e.g. Kafka)
- Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Ansible
- Working knowledge of git and CI/CD tools
- Motivated to work with the platform and infrastructure for modern system using micro-service architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Contribution to open source projects
Work from Anywhere in Japan (HQ in Tokyo, for more details about how we work, please visit our FACEBOOK)
- Full-remote work (In Japan)
- Salary: Based on experience, skills, performance and contribution. You may refer to the tiers below:
- Junior: 6.5m -7.5m YEN per annum
- Middle: 7m - 9.5m YEN per annum
- Senior: 9m - 12m YEN per annum
- Salary Increase: Review every year based on performance evaluation and PayPay's business performance.
- Special Incentive : Payment based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation(once in a year)
- Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and Work from home allowance (100,000JPY/year)
- Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m＋1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle)
- NOTE: We use super flextime system which do not set core hours.
- Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year-end holidays from December 29th to January 4th.
- Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave, etc.
- Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system (TBC) and etc.
- Visas will be sponsored for you as well your family members. You may work remotely outside Japan for the time being as the border is closed now, but once it's reopen you're expected to relocate to Japan if you're not in the country already.
- Start date: 1 - 1.5 months upon offer, but we can be flexible.