About the Engineering Team
You will join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools and practices. We are a supportive team who swarms when problems arise and gives great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog (https://medium.com/invoca-engineering-blog) and check out our open source projects (https://github.com/Invoca).
This job is a remote position.
As a Senior Software Engineer You Will
- Foster a collaborative environment for you and your teammates to deliver high-quality, reliable, and well-tested features
- Level up those around you to help them grow while reinforcing your own knowledge
- Have end-to-end responsibility for complex projects that require the work of multiple people to complete
- Occasionally propose new technologies/architectures and work with technical leadership to drive adoption
- Quickly and effortlessly diagnose the root cause of problems for any service area owned by the team
- Be part of a self-sufficient team with a dedicated Product Manager and QA Engineer
- Proactively communicate on production issues, write actionable tickets without prompting, and quickly fix or delegate them
- Be able to help guide a team around impediments to progress
- Support diversity, equity and inclusion at Invoca
Your Expertise and Passion
- Has worked on an agile team and is passionate about development
- Has experience (or interest) in the following development languages: Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js
- Has experience (or interest) in the following technologies: GraphQL, Kafka, Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with database fundamentals and design
- Check out this recent blog post for an example of what our team has been up to
- Competence in several skills apart from pure coding, such as monitoring, performance optimization, integration testing, security and more
- Adept at effective and timely communication, ensuring leaders are kept up to date on progress, blockers, and have advance warning of potential surprises (both positive and negative)
Salary, Benefits and Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 13 paid holidays, 5 days sick time, 3 days volunteer time and more.
Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
Position Base Range - $130,000.00 - $151,000.00/year, plus bonus potential.
Invoca is the industry innovator in AI and machine learning-powered conversation intelligence technology. Forrester Research identified Invoca as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Conversation Intelligence: Sales And Marketing, Q4 2021 report, stating that "Invoca is one of the few established conversation intelligence vendors that can legitimately claim AI capabilities."
With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and nearing $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised over $100 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
At Invoca, we live by our four core values:
Figure it Out: we take ownership of our work and are given the freedom to blaze our own trails.
Help Each Other Thrive: we foster an inclusive and humble culture that allows us to build value for both our customers and our people.
Continuous Improvement: we challenge the status quo every day to develop creative solutions that make our products better and our customers more successful
Light the Customer's Way: we don't just sell a product or turn on a service; we are partners and trusted advisors who support and invest in our customers and their success.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.