[About the Role]
As a member of the API Protection Team you will work cross-functionally to build state-of-the-art cloud platforms to support our growing product portfolio. Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Architecting and implementing critical software infrastructure for distributed large-scale multi-cloud environments
- Reviewing architectures and designs across the organization to help guide other engineers to build scalable cloud services
- Providing technical leadership and strategic direction for large-scale distributed cloud-native solutions
- Being a catalyst for improving engineering processes and ownership
- Researching, incubating, and driving new technologies to ensure we are leveraging the latest innovations
- Please note, this team is hiring across Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer and - Staff Software Engineer levels and all candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
- 5+ years of experience including 2+ years of experience building cloud environments
- Excellent Unix/Linux experience and programming experience with Go, C/C++, Java and scripting: Python, Ruby, Shell
- Understanding of IPC mechanisms and previous experience working with: TCP/IP, Kafka, ZMQ, gRPC, ZooKeeper.
- Strong background in cloud environments: containers, Docker, Kubernetes, etcd, ZooKeeper, service meshes, Vault, Istio and Envoy, API gateways, load balancers.
- Experience with databases, general understanding of ACID, consistency, SQL/NoSQL, key-value stores, time series and columnar databases.
- Experience in CI/CD, using tools like Drone, Github, Makefiles, etc.
- Experience with in-memory databases like Redis
- Bonus points for experience with Node.js & Express to build REST APIs services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (MS Preferred)
Netskope is a US-headquartered, pre-IPO security software company. It has over 2000 employees around the world and counts over 25% of the Fortune 100 companies as its customers.