As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead capabilities that are critical to Hyperscience’s success and the success of our Cloud footprint. Hyperscience serves our customers on-premise (including client-managed private clouds) and is currently building out our Cloud SaaS offering. Our Cloud-focused DevOps team is responsible for defining the technology stack, tooling, automation, standards, and practices for the Cloud SaaS offering.
You will contribute to our SaaS and general Cloud incident management, including building an Observability stack to support our SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs. You will partner with our application engineering teams to ensure alignment with the Product roadmap and technical roadmap.
Our focus is on automation. This means that strong software development and scripting practices and capabilities are central to the team.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product and business. You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
- Respond to Cloud incidents and provide expert troubleshooting and diagnostic input to help resolve issues, while also participating in follow-up work to continuously add stability to our platform.
- Build and support internal tooling that helps us grow our cloud offering
- Influence designs, architectures, standards, and methods for distributed systems for reliability, scalability, and serviceability.
- Collaborate with a world-class engineering team to propose Cloud services that solve recurring patterns our Cloud customers face.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field OR equivalent practical experience
- Experience related to a DevOps-based Cloud environment
- Experience within the Kubernetes platform and ecosystem
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with Python OR Go
- Experience in relational database systems
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and team communication skills
- Ideally this position is in New York, Toronto, or London, but working remotely elsewhere on the US East Coast is an option. #Li-Remote
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 or parent over the age of 65, for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance