About the Role
As a member of the API Protection Team you will work cross-functionally to build state-of-the-art cloud platforms to support our growing product portfolio. Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Architecting and implementing critical software infrastructure for distributed large-scale multi-cloud environments
- Reviewing architectures and designs across the organization to help guide other engineers to build scalable cloud services
- Providing technical leadership and strategic direction for large-scale distributed cloud-native solutions
- Being a catalyst for improving engineering processes and ownership
- Researching, incubating, and driving new technologies to ensure we are leveraging the latest innovations
- Please note, this team is hiring across Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer and Staff Software Engineer levels and all candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
- 5+ years of experience including 2+ years of experience building cloud environments
- Proficient in at least one of the UI frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience in database design and implementation (MySQL, Clickhouse, NoSQL).
- Understanding of IPC mechanisms and previous experience working with: TCP/IP, Kafka, zmq, gRPC, ZooKeeper.
- Strong background in cloud environments: containers, Docker, Kubernetes, etcd, ZooKeeper, service meshes, Vault, Istio and Envoy, API gateways, load balancers.
- Experience with databases, general understanding of ACID, consistency, SQL/NoSQL, key-value stores, time series and columnar databases.
- Experience in CI/CD, using tools like Drone, Github, Makefiles, etc.
- Experience with in-memory databases like Redis
- Bonus points for experience with Node.js & Express to build REST APIs services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (MS Preferred)