Homage is seeking a talented and empathetic UX / UI designer to help us realize the future of community- and home-based healthcare.
At Homage, you’ll be working on a wide range of digital products, from iOS and Android mobile apps to our enterprise. Our apps serve and delight real people whose experiences matter - users include families who need home care for the ones they love, freelance caregivers, partner organisations and the internal Operations team.
As a UX / UI designer, you’ll work closely with our product managers, engineers and other designers to define and deliver a wide range of features for both mobile and web digital products from conception to launch. You’ll hone your design toolkit, analytical and communication skills. You’ll also have a chance to develop your user research skills through user interviews, contextual inquiry and usability testing.
As part of the product group, you bridge the creative, technical and business worlds and you’ll be immersed in a fast-paced startup environment. You’ll collaborate closely with the entire company, including Product Management, Engineering, Care Operations, Sales, Marketing and Business Intelligence.
Your responsibilities include:
• Plan and execute both qualitative and quantitative user research to understand real use cases
• Conduct usability testing to detect and minimize friction in existing features
• Create design communication materials for new features, from low-fidelity sketches and wireframes to high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes, depending on the feature
• Conceptualize A/B tests to continuously improve and innovate on the user experience
• Collaborate with Product Managers to use insights into product vision and user experience to bring requirements to life
• Transition designs to software engineers and internal users
• Present designs at weekly product meetings
· BA/BS in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience).
· 3 years relevant work experience in consumer or enterprise technology
· Familiar with agile web development and project management
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Previous product design, product management, engineering experience or experience working on product at a startup is highly valued
· Strong clean visual design sense
· Proficiency with Sketch, Invision or other UX design software
· Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for mobile- and web-based products
· Drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product design based on user feedback, research, data and industry trends.