● The successful candidate will be a self-driven Senior MySQL DBA with proven experience in large-scale systems
● The candidate will have a deep understanding of MySQL (major), Aurora RDS (minor), Oracle (minor), and middleware technologies.
● The candidate will be following the latest industry trends and be passionate about database administration for large-scale systems
● Improve existing database infrastructure and processes in the 3 countries we’re currently deployed in as well as streamlining processes to hit our goal of deploying to 20 new countries over the next 2 years
● Holistically improve all aspects of our database infrastructure, including reducing costs, streamlining environment provisioning, lowering response times, incorporating the latest techniques and technologies, and more
● Monitor and maintain the existing database infrastructure via autoscaling, automated alerts and Zabbix dashboards
● Take ownership and responsibility for all of our database infrastructure
● Liaise with external security agencies for annual audits as well as perform our own internal security sweeps
● Database Sharding Middleware: Lede Cetus
● Database: MySQL and Oracle
● Public Cache: AWS ElastiCache + Redis
● Data Index and Search: ElasticSearch
● Log Real-time Visualization: ElasticSearch + Logstash + Kibana
● Business Monitoring: Graphite + Grafana
● Server Virtualization Container: AWS EC2
● Server Operation System: CentOS
● Cluster Monitoring: Zabbix + AWS Cloudwatch
● Fluent in written and spoken English
● 3+ years of specific experience with MySQL administration for large-scale systems
● 5+ years of general experience in the tech industry
● Experience forming and leading teams is beneficial
● Experience configuring and managing database architecture, including load balancing, caching, disaster recovery, upgrading, migration, etc.
● Bachelor or Masters degree in a related subject would be beneficial
Please attach your English CV in your application.
1. Online test: 120 mins
2. On-site interview: 105-120 mins
3. Interview result within 24 hr
OpenNet is a British-owned IT services provider to emerging markets.