At GNARBOX, we create hardware and software solutions to streamline compute-intensive data workflows. Our flagship product, the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, together with its companion mobile apps, enables content creators to manage professional-format media files without requiring the use of a laptop or PC, and it has quickly come to define the standard in quality for mobile media storage solutions. Our Product Team is at the center of every stage of the product life cycle, gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback from testers, customers, and the market at large, envisioning new features and products, and working with other departments to guide implementation through to successful releases. The process is creative, collaborative, and incredibly rewarding as we find ever better ways to apply our skills and technology to the needs of our customers as well as the customers still to come.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager for our hardware and software team. As product manager, you will create, prioritize and drive features that support our mission of improving the ability of Enterprise, B2B and B2C clients to complete crucial data management and file delivery steps while in the field. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategy definition, particularly within the Enterprise or SaaS space, agile development processes and in doing what it takes to get to a successful launch.
You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together. You have a strong sense of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment where everyone wears a number of hats. You want to be a part of building a fast growing business and work with a passionate team of colleagues who truly value personal and organizational evolution through tight feedback loops and open communication. We are an organization that believes strongly in work life balance, and aren’t afraid of a few late nights, but know the tremendous value of personal time. We offer unlimited PTO, flexible remote work, and promote a culture that celebrates our colleagues achievements both in and out of the office. Please be sure to leave us a note about why this role at GNARBOX is of interest to you.
Note: This is a full time position (5 days a week) with the option to be fully remote, though the majority of our team is located in Los Angeles, CA. Preference would be for a local candidate, who would be able to participate in the hands-on process of hardware bringup.
- Live and breathe consumer experiences across hardware products, iOS and Android apps and desktop, web or edge applications.
- You have been a product leader in previous organizations and take a holistic, organization-wide approach to product development
- You work across teams and departments to educate, inform and advocate the high level concepts the product is moving toward as new products and features are conceived and implemented
- You work with other teams to adapt, evolve and set up processes to streamline the product development process
- You actively evaluate the product development process to iterate and optimize over time
- Have an interest in both hardware and software products, and want to push the boundaries of how things work together to make people's lives better.
- Be a natural collaborator and communicator, equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
- Have a passion for big ideas and a sharp attention to detail, allowing you to analyse from both micro and macro perspectives
- Have an insatiable curiosity, with the tenacity to develop innovative ideas independently
- Have experience and be passionate about conducting user experience research, market definitions, persona definitions, and user journeys in B2C and B2B / Enterprise contexts
- Have experience driving hardware and software product development from conceptualization through launch – creating detailed actionable plans, work streams and tactics, and execute on those in support of new product launches.
- Have a proven track record of collaborating with technology teams, UX, product marketing and business development partners to determine what features to move forward with and in what priority order.
- Be able to write functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Be able to write, create and own a product roadmap that has clear, measurable success criteria, and be able to ensure business and technical stakeholders needs are aligned therein
- Be able to solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for our users
- Have experience leading a team and you take great pride in the performance / development of both individual and collective. You see leadership as just as difficult and worthy a problem as the technical problems you excel at solving.
- Hiring: you know how to identify and attract exceptional talent
- Mentoring: you know how to support and inspire your engineers to help them accelerate their growth, collaborate with their colleagues and perfect their craft
- Process: you have a keen eye for where new processes are needed and where existing processes are just getting in the way; you implement and iterate on feedback processes to facilitate quick adaptation to changing conditions.
- Cross Departmental Collaboration: you excel at translating ideas and concerns between technical and non-technical stakeholders, and have effective strategies for ensuring that information flows smoothly and efficiently across team and department boundaries.
- You have experience using Jira and other project management tools
- Have experience creating...
- Developer APIs
- Software marketplaces
- Admin portals (both internal and external0
- Mobile apps
- Have experience in Enterprise level industries like government, military, energy, telecom etc.