We’re looking for an Account Executive to join Laika as one of our first sales hires.
- Does being a critical player on an early sales team excite you?
- Are you motivated to push our sales efforts to the next level?
- Are you excited to combine your sales expertise with your ambition and creativity to help us build out and scale our sales playbooks and sales team?
- Do you have a strong desire to win that pushes you to put in the effort, do the little things, and motivate those around you?
If so, let’s talk.
This is not just another sales role. Don’t get us wrong, you will be closing deals left and right to line your pockets and grow the business, but you will contribute beyond just numbers.
As a founding member of our sales team, you will help chart the course forward. Your sales calls will be legendary for those that follow in your footsteps. Your closing skills combined with out of the box thinking will push marketing to pump out great content modelled on you. You will be an inspiration to the sales development team and a trusted consultant to prospects.
You will be working with other awesome tech startups, selling to founders and early-stage teams on how Laika can help them establish a strong compliance posture that enterprises can trust. You’ve probably experienced the pain of long sales cycles. We help our customers overcome tough procurement processes by turning compliance into a competitive advantage. Ultimately, you will help founders invest in information security and compliance as a competitive advantage for their business.
Essential day-to-day activities include:
- Closing five-figure deals in a 3-week to 3-month sales cycle
- Managing a pipeline of leads from sales development rep efforts, several inbound channels, and your own proactive prospecting efforts
- Teaming up with the sales development team to help develop their sales skills
- Working closely with marketing and sales operations to identify new content, messaging, potential channels, and sales enablement tools
- Refining and developing sales processes that can be scaled as we grow
- You will play a vital role in growing our revenue and building systems and processes to exponentially scale based on your example.
Why should you work with us?
Laika combines simple software with expert support to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps you adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits like SOC 2, PCI, HIPAA, etc. by 50% or more.
We are a small but mighty team of 13 based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and have received investment from top VCs, including Bain Capital, Third Prime, and Nyca Partners. We're growing customers and revenue like crazy and poised for break-out growth over 2020 and 2021.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a talented and hungry sales professional driven to win and eager to roll up their sleeves to build a great company. As one of the early sales hires, we’re looking for an intellectually curious, self-starter with passion, grit, and strong bias towards action. Someone that is flexible and excited by an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment.
The ideal candidate has 3-6 years of experience, either in:
- B2B sales, prospecting and closing new business in SMB and/or Enterprise markets; or
- Infosec or compliance consulting at a top firm, looking to get into B2B sales
- Proven track record of success in a highly competitive environment
- Outstanding communicator with a demonstrated strength in writing
- Creative thinker, innovative and resourceful in both your ideas and methods, possessing a get-it-done mentality, unafraid to take risks
- Intellectually curious, self-starter and fast learner that can understand complex technical issues
- Obsessive about delivering results, winning and over-achieving
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience managing a pipeline and tracking sales activities in a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with sales prospecting tools and techniques: LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, or similar sales automation tools
Really nice to have:
- Experience in compliance or information security
- Experience at a Series A or Series B B2B SaaS company
- Compensation will be competitive based on experience and skill set
- Immediate access to healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early equity