Hopps (www.hopps.io) is an LA-based startup that provides enterprises with one-click access for instant help with engineering and marketing tools. Through our platform’s AI-driven matching, vetted experts screen-share with a company's employees in < 120 seconds to solve roadblocks in real-time. The company just raised a pre-seed round and is actively building out a network of highly experienced, top caliber professionals to freelance as experts on the platform.
The Marketing Director role is a full time, Los Angeles based position. We’re looking for an experienced sales and marketing leader with a proven ability to execute in a fast-paced environment. The Marketing Director would take on an integral role in the company, driving customer acquisition, retention and sales growth in anticipation of a seed raise in the next 12 months. The role requires prior leadership experience including proficiency in paid channel and content marketing tools. Experience working at a B2B/ B2C marketplace and some sales development experience is also preferred. If you are dedicated, ambitious and passionate about the future of work, this is the perfect opportunity for you to have a lot of impact at a well-funded venture that is moving fast.
- Refine and execute Hopps’ customer acquisition strategy, including exploring new channels to accelerate lead generation and meet acquisition, usage and retention targets.
- Develop the company’s marketing plan to deliver target KPIs:
- Define the Hopps brand narrative for both supply and demand sides and incorporate it into the overall marketing plan.
- Create marketing materials, collateral and execute marketing campaigns.
- Incorporate SEO/ content marketing strategies and leverage the Hopps expert network to roll-out these efforts
- Collaborate with the CEO and business development lead to set sales goals, marketing budget, and expand platform service offerings.
- Lead creation and on-going management of tools, technologies and processes to improve the sales process and manage customer life cycle.
- Provide metrics, reports and dashboards and distill key insights to improve sales, marketing and retention efforts.
- Los Angeles based and authorized to work in the United States
- Post graduate degree, preferably MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree; Prefer Engineering, Business, Science or Mathematics graduate
- 3+ years leading a sales and marketing function (6+ years total experience)
- Proficient in performance marketing, SEO/ content marketing and email campaigns
- Highly experienced in running Google/ Facebook ad campaigns, and using marketing automation, CRM and analytics tools including Hubspot, Salesforce, Marketo, Mixpanel, Google Analytics etc.
- Preferred experience working at a high-growth SMB or venture backed company
- Preferred deep knowledge of B2B/ B2C marketplaces or SaaS platforms
- Skilled at analyzing performance data and reporting key metrics to inform sales and marketing decisions
- Effective track record as a leader with an ownership mindset
- Collaborative with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Remote work with the chance to work with one of the best investment teams and national accelerators
- Opportunity to join a founding team and have significant impact on building a Future of Work business
- Flexible time off
- We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and Veteran status