Our Team- Core Tech R&D AI LAB
Trend Micro is one of the first cybersecurity companies to adopt machine learning and AI. We have more than 15 years of experience applying AI to dealing with malware, malicious URLs, spam emails, botnets, and many more. The changes brought about by AI show no signs of slowing down. Top-tier AI researchers and conferences announce astonishing breakthroughs almost every day. Numerous AI start-ups have the full attention of venture capitalists as they use their creativity to develop powerful new solutions to real customer pain points. In the world of cybersecurity, both defenders and attackers now use state-of-the-art AI technologies to get ahead of each other. As a leader in this field, Trend Micro must never fall behind. When other AI researchers in the company solving problems our customers now encountered and our product and services now request, CoreTech AI Lab’s mission is to validate new AI ideas, execute POC, and sharing the findings with related stakeholders and peers.
Our Role – AI Research Engineer
We are looking for engineers that make more AI landing in our domain and do real impact.
The new position needs to be able to fine-tune state-of-the-art AI algorithms (ex: Transformer, BERT, meta-learning, semi-supervised learning, graphical neural networks) and apply them in our dataset.
To sum up, the role will implement AI algorithms based on AI papers, presentations, products, patents, tools, frameworks. Do product/service integration, sharing, and communications.
1. Ability to write robust code in Python and familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like sci-kit-learn)
2. Solid computer science knowledge, understanding of the general algorithm, data structures, data modeling, and system programming, broad knowledge of statistics, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence algorithms.
3. Experience in deep-dive algorithms, tools to a professional level, can be referenced by working experiences, top-tier conference publication, GitHub publication.
4. Outstanding analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to design experiments.
Nice to have
1. Have papers published in one of the following 5 conferences, ex: AAAI, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, KDD
2. Large volume data processing experiences, ex: Apache Spark, EMR, airflow, etc.
3. Have MLOps experiences, ex: AWS SageMaker, MLFlow, etc.