Get to know our Team:
We are building a full-stack engineering squad that helps with the operational excellence for Grab Ads. The deliverable of the team could be tooling, service, test framework or even injection of new engineering practice that benefits the engineering and business.
Get to know the Role:
- Collaborate with stakeholders/internal users to understand the pain points.
- Raise the idea to resolve the engineering/business issue.
- Feasibility assessment for the solution
- Develop and maintain the solution/deliverable.
- Keep iteration/retrospective for current engineering practice.
The day-to-day activities:
- You will be involved in multiple communications that deal with system reliability and quality issues.
- You will communicate & brainstorm innovative ideas with the team and turn into reality.
- You will be the owner of your deliverable to control the progress/quality/effectivity.
- You will develop and maintain the deliverable (mostly backend based, but not limited ).
- You will collaborate with possibly all GrabAds members to inject your tooling or practice.
The must haves:
- 5 years of experience in software engineering with distributed system experience.
- Experienced in unit test or test framework development
- Experienced as a project leader, take care of the E2E project life cycle.
- Experienced in agile development
- Experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages such as Java or Python
- Comfortable to work in the pure English environment
- We are a highly deliverable driven team, you must be open to learn and get familiar with multiple tech stacks for the deliverable, instead of only focusing on specific techniques, we expect you to have the full stack mindset.
The nice to have:
- Be familiar with backend development with golang.
- Excellent communication with team members and the ability to think critically of the current engineering practice in terms of growth and quality
- Experience working with other teams across boundaries and timezones.
In GrabAds, our core services are implemented in Go. Most of the infrastructures are configured in Terraform and run on the AWS cloud with auto-scaling abilities. Besides, we have Kafka as distributed streaming and full eco-system within Grab, there are also many useful tool chains and SDK to be used in daily work, you could be one of the contributors!
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp, offering a suite of services consisting of deliveries, mobility, financial services, enterprise and others.