Overview As a global leader in cloud security, Trend Micro develops Internet content security and threat management solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information. With over 20 years of experience, we’re recognized as the market leader in server security for delivering top-ranked client, server, and cloud-based data protection solutions that stop threats faster and protect data in physical, virtualized, and cloud environments.
Trend Micro is seeking an outstanding User Experience Researcher to lead high-quality customer research towards innovating meaningful and useful products and services for commercial and consumer customers.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will work with marketing, product management and development leaders to create the security solutions with delightful customer experience. You will help set and document the vision for the future security user experience, serving as a customer advocate to ensure the highest level of usefulness, desirability and customer satisfaction. You will collaborate with teams across the company in different regions to ensure we maintain industry leadership and deliver innovative and useful products.
- Plan, design, and conduct high-quality user research, including methods such as ethnographic field studies, participatory design sessions, site visits, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on researching user behavior and needs. Convert research findings into actionable results.
- Work closely with marketing, design, and product management to define the next generations of business concepts and solutions.
- Synthesize research findings from other data sources (including market research and data mining) into meaningful recommendations and actionable items.
- Propose and define strategic initiatives based on research findings to executives and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Master's degree or Ph.D. is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in conducting user experience research using a wide variety of research methods.
- Demonstrated success at developing creative and comprehensive research strategies to reveal unforeseen opportunities and issues that have a significant impact on product strategy and design.
- Must be innovative, demonstrate an ability to "think out of the box", and think beyond what is asked for.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a distributed global environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.