We are looking for a detail oriented QA release manager who can support our engineering team and liaise with the product and marketing teams to carry out the following tasks
- Work together with a small team of software engineers and support them for software releases by being responsible for the quality of the app through comprehensive testing efforts.
- Lead the QA team by establishing and carrying out the test routine process with testers.
- Work together with different teams including non engineering stakeholders to understand and address their concerns with regards with the quality of the app.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand the requirements and agree on the acceptance criteria.
- Highlight issues with team leads and push back releases on the product manger when quality is compromised.
- Participate in project meetings to communicate QA plans, schedule or scope changes as well as roadblocks faced.
- Deliver timely reports of test progress, results and product quality metrics to product owners according to schedule.
- Develop, establish and enforce a defect life cycle to process reported bugs.
- Automate manual testing where applicable.
- Document, triage, de-duplicate and test reported defects.
- Update regression tests according to the latest product changes.
- Perform and sign off on successful regression testing at the end of a new feature release.
- Keep the bug tracker database organized and clean. Cull orphaned and stale issues when no longer required.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in QA or developer role.
- Experienced in functional, usability and performance testing.
- Worked with common bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.
- Actually knows how to use git to pull and build latest version of different branches for testing.
- Good english communication and documentation skills.
- A user who loves to create videos and posting them to various social network apps.
- Experience with DevOps / CICD tools such as Jenkins.
- Previous project management experience or PMP certified.