Do you believe your designs and code could change the world? If YES, read on!
Mavericks Consulting is a powerhouse of skilled IT professionals who love their craft. We solve complex business problems with simple working solutions by applying Agile software development practices.
Mavericks collaborates closely with clients to achieve their business goals. We provide consultancy advice, develop prototypes for experimentation and validate ideas quickly. We develop robust and reliable operational systems within weeks, not months. We love to write code and build systems that put smiles on our delighted users.
We believe in sharing our knowledge, upskilling and growing with the developer community. We organise tech-related workshops and boot camps to learn from each other. We share and have fun together on our continuous learning journey.
We are looking for like-minded Mavericks to join us and multiply the fun and awesomeness of our workplace.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Developing test strategies, test plans and test cases to ensure quality code
- Review, analyze and provide quality assurance on projects
Challenge business requirements to develop a deeper empathy towards end users
Ensuring high-quality code through best development practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), OOP etc.
- Ensure cross functional requirements (performance, usability, security etc) are also satisfied
- Perform automated and manual testing
- Creating and maintaining a dynamic and collaborativeenvironment
Learning something new everyday, working and pairing with amazing people
- Be flexible and open to receiving feedback
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team in helping our clients solve challenging and complex problems
Championing Agile development practices to create meaningful technical solutions
Be up-to-date with the latest tech practices
Actively contributing to the company with your ideas
- Genuinely wanting to help to change the world
The Qualifications To Be a Maverick
1. Professional Experience (Minimum 5 years of experience)
- Experience in driving QA principles and practices in Agile teams.
- Having worked in high-performance Agile software engineering teams
- Knowing and having practised basic Agile practices such as Kanban/Scrum/Lean/XP etc, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Know and have practiced key QA concepts such as Test Pyramid, Page Object Model (POM), etc.
- Good knowledge of the different types of tests and their applications
Delivering at least one large scale project to production
- Worked in cross-functional roles
2. Technical Experience
- Experience in writing code to test applications in a collaborative environment
- Experience in using clean code practices, and writing readable, maintainable code
- In-depth knowledge of fundamental code principles like Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Page Object Model
Iteratively creating and managing automated functional tests in collaboration with the development teams
- Experience in writing, executing and validating testsacross the test spectrum including, but not limited to security testing, load testing, stress testing, performance testing, etc
- Experience in performing both manual and automated tests
- Experience with writing automated tests in a behaviour-driven manner
- Experience in using at least one open-source test automation tool e.g. Selenium, WATIR, Cucumber, Capybara, Appium, Calabash