About the role and team
At the heart of what we do is build a suite of financial services that will allow businesses to focus on their business without having to be overly concerned with local regulatory rules and regulations. Our identity platform team works closely with our compliance team to build a suite of services to combat fraud and establishing a strong AML process to keep our user's safe.
We are looking for an engineer who can deliver the product goals of the identity team and to participate in our efforts in combating fraud and malicious activities on the platform
- 2+ years of relevant backend engineering experience, familiar with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, or Node JS
- BS/MS Degree in any relevant major (ex: IT, Computer Science, etc) OR a proven track record in software engineering
- Vast knowledge of rapid development of products
- Experience with SQL, database design, and tuning of database performance
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Familiar with Git and GitHub
- Evidence of understanding system design
- Evidence of ability to maintain and scale a system
- Active contributor in the development of our identity products
- Work with fellow engineers, product managers, and business owners in the team to ensure requirements are sound and are met
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains
- Suggest architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Build and maintain tools and processes to ensure high transaction and system integrity.
- Keep pace with the developments of financial technology in the region
What we are looking for in you / Ideal profile
- You have a passion for solving technical challenges, as this role is highly focused on building frameworks and engineering a reliable backend system
- You value high standards because you believe by holding each other accountable to a higher standard, is the best way for everyone to grow!
- You love sharing your knowledge and what you think is best for the team, because you believe in elevating everyone in the team, instead of just yourself.
- You can take care of many stakeholders that interact with your teams or products.
- You need to be challenged consistently or frequently enough so that you are always growing to be a better version of yourself.
- You are a self-starter and able to work efficiently without the high management overhead
Nice to haves
- Passionate about fraud controls, AML measures, and combatting online crimes.
- Took an important technical role in a high growth startup
- Evidence of ability to be able to think from product and engineering point of view
- Audit, accounting, and reconciliation of financial systems at scale
- Knowledge in money, blockchain, and breakthroughs in financial technology