*Please submit your resume/CV in English. The interviews will be conducted in English as well.*
Tresl, a certified Shopify Plus partner and remote-first company, has helped D2C brands to turn their data into actionable insights for marketing. We are growing and looking for technical individuals who have agile mindsets and experience in delivering projects successfully to solve business problems in distributed computing environments. We embrace ShapeUp to drive autonomy and encourage scrappiness by pitching effective communication. We sunshine failures and approach feedback with radical candor, and we never stop improving. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
About the role
As the software engineer, you will help create the headless analytics platform for tomorrow's companies. You will be on Google Cloud to build modern analytics architecture and pipelines that return in a few seconds. Further, you will gain a deep understanding of user segmentation, marketing engagement leveraging cutting-edge technologies and frameworks. We never stop innovating and disrupting the status quo to develop the new product, Segment X, at Tresl.
- Own end-to-end product development, including developing new features, testing, and refactoring existing features
- Write clean code and participate in collaborative code reviews. We document anywhere
- Build scalable data models and query logic
- Build integrations with external API services (email, SMS, analytics, social, and etc)
- Jump in wherever needed — we’re a small & scrappy team!
- Macbooks (keep it after 1 year)
- All national holidays observed in Taiwan with no makeup day (連假不補班)
- An additional 1 week off during Christmas
- Remote-first work schedule with tons of flexibility
- We do not track paid time-off or sick leaves (do what's right)
- Work in the highly coveted Taipei Tech Arena with other fun startups (free coffee and snacks)
- Work with a fun, passionate international team from Silicon Valley
- 5+ years experience in a senior technical role
- 2+ years experience in application architecture design and implementation
- Experienced in building and maintaining the efficient and reliable data platform(ETL/data pipeline) supporting analytic activities
- Experienced in state-of-the-art cloud data warehouse solutions(Google BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift and etc.)
- Experienced in with multi-culture teamwork with proficient verbal English communication skills (Chinese optional)
- Experienced in leading teams or project development with success
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills in project execution and people skills in conflict resolution
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS platform and serverless architecture
- Experienced in distributed data processing technologies such as Airflow, Airbyte, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experienced in optimizing data query performance with different database technologies
- Good command of using Git and Github PR practices
- Knowledge of continuous integration & test coverage
- Experienced in using DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes and etc
- Experienced in using team collaboration tools like Slack, Notion, and etc.